"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
1. * * * *
SURRENDER OF FUGITIVE CRIMINALS IN CASE OF FOREIGN STATES.
3. (1) Requisition for surrender.
(2) Summons or warrant for arrest.
(3) Inquiry by Magistrate.
(6) Magistrate’s report.
(7) Reference to High Court if President thinks necessary.
(8) Warrant for surrender.
(9) Lawfulness of custody and re-taking under warrant for surrender.
(10) Discharge of fugitive criminals committed to prison after two months.
[INDIA ACT XXXIV, 1920.]
(9th September, 1920.)
1. * * * *
2. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, -
"entry " means entry by water, land or air;
"passport"’ means a passport for the time being in force issued or renewed by the prescribed authority and satisfying the conditions prescribed relating to the class of passports to which it belongs; and
"prescribed " means prescribed by rules made under this Act.
[BURMA ACT VII, 1940.]
(28th March, 1940.)
1. This Act shall come into force on the 28th March, 1940.
2. In this Act-
(a) "Foreigner" means a foreigner as defined in the Foreigners Act: provided that the following shall not be deemed to be foreigners for the purposes of this Act-
(i) a person duly appointed by a foreign Government to exercise diplomatic functions ; or
(ii) a consul or a vice-consul ;
²[ * * * * *]
(b) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules made under this Act :
(c) “vessel” includes all sea craft, river craft and aircraft.