"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
(INDIA ACT XII, 1850.)
(22nd March, 1850.)
1. Every public accountant shall give security for the due discharge of the trusted of his office for the due account of all moneys which shall come into his possession by reason of his office.
(INDIA ACT XXIII, 1871.)
(8th August, 1871.)
1-2. * * * *
All rules in regard to the award and payment of pensions or grants of money or land-venue, and the identification of the persons entitled to receive them, made under enactment, shall be deemed to have been made under this Act so far as they are consistent therewith.
3. In this Act, the expression "grant of money or land-revenue" includes anything payable on the part of Government in respect of any right, privilege, perquisite or office.
II. RIGHTS TO PENSIONS.
[BURMA ACT XXXI, 1947.]
(13th June, 1947.)
1. (1) This Act may be called the Burma Immigration (Emergency Provisions) Act, 1947.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
32. (1) In this Act unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or Definitions context -
(a) "carrier" includes the owner or charterer of a conveyance, the agent of such owner or charterer and also the person in charge of the conveyance.
(b) "Controller "means the Controller of Immigration;
(c) "conveyance" means anything used for transport from one place to another;
BLC's Legal Aid Section provides training and assistance for refugees and migrant workers on the Thai-Burma border. Find out more.