"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
The 18th issue contains articles on the following articles:
A Brief Analysis on the National Convention (The Burma Lawyers' Council)
The 17th issue contains the following articles:
- Ethnic Problems and Constitutional Solution (Dr. Alan Smith)
- Law and Mass Communication (Hla Htay)
- Brief News (BLC's Documentation Centre)
- Which Destination SPDC's National Convention Leads to; ( Win Maung)
- Saddam Hussen and the difficulty of trial (Salai Paceu - Mezar)
- Interview:Interview with Daw San San (Member of Parliament).
- Lack of Protection of Violence Against Burmese Women (Daw Molly)
- Episode behind the Depayin Massacre and Justice (Min Lwin Oo)
The 16th issue contains the following articles:
- Independent Judiciary (Min Lwin Oo)
- Ways of Access to Justice (Hla Htay)
- Brief News and Commentaries Relating to Constitutional, Trial, Election and judicial Matters (BLC’s Documentation Centre)
- Cambodia, A step to Democracy ( Win Maung)
- Interview: Perspective on Federalism and the Future Constitution of Burma: Interview with Colonel Zin Kyone: A conversation with the Colonel Zin Kyone, the General Secretary of the National Democratic Front (NDF).
- A Warning for Children (Min Myat Kyaw)