You are hereMajor Activities / Legal Aid Section
Legal Aid Section
The Legal Aid Section of the Burma Lawyers' Council provides legal counseling and services for migrant workers and refugees along the Thai-Burma border. We offer the following services:
- Providing legal assistance in individual criminal cases, labor cases, legal advice, and dispute negotiation;
- Operating a safe house for victims and witnesses (and their families) of the Section's cases and at the request of other organizations;
- Regular trainings about Thai labor laws and migrant rights;
- A legal awareness forum; and
- Promoting legal knowledge through the publication of bulletins, pamphlets, video CD's and handbooks.
If you could benefit from our services, if you would like copies of our publications, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.