THE BURMA RESERVE FORCES ACT
1. * * * *
2. The Burma Reserve Forces shall consist of the Regular Reserve and the Supplementary Reserve.
3. A person belonging to the Burma Reserve Forces shall be liable to serve beyond the limits of the Union of Burma as well as within those limits.
4. The President of the Union may make rules and orders for the government, discipline and regulation of the Burma Reserve Forces.
5. Subject to such rules and orders as may be made under section 4, a person belonging to the Burma Reserve Forces shall, as an officer or soldier, as the case may be, be subject to military law in the same manner and to the same extent as a person belonging to the Burma Forces.
6. (1) If a person belonging to the Burma Reserve Forces —
(a) when required by or in pursuance of any rule or order under this Act to attend at any place, fails without reasonable excuse to attend in accordance with such requirement, or
(b) fails without reasonable excuse to comply with any such rule or order, or
(c) fraudulently obtains any pay or other sum contrary to airy such rule or order,
he shall be liable —
(i) on conviction by a Court-martial, to such punishment other than death, transportation or imprisonment for a term exceeding one year as such Court is by the Burma Army Act empowered to award, or
(ii) on conviction by a Magistrate of the first class, to imprisonment for a term which may extend, in the case of a first offence under this section, to six months, and, in the case of any subsequent offence thereunder, to one year.
(2) Where a person belonging to the Burma Reserve Forces is required by or in pursuance of any rule or order under this Act to attend at any place, a certificate purporting to be signed by an officer appointed by such a rule or order in this behalf, and stating that the person so required to attend failed to do so in accordance with such requirement, shall, without proof of the signature or appointment of such officer, be evidence of the matters stated therein.
(3) Any person charged with an air offence under this section may be taken into and kept in either military or civil custody, or partly into and in one description of custody and partly into and in the other, or be transferred from one description of custody to the other.