"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
1. * * * *
3. Officers in charge of prisons to detain persons duly committed to their custody.
4. Officers in charge of prisons to return writs, etc., after execution or discharge.
5—13. * * * *
14. * * * *
15. Power for officers in charge of prisons to give effect to sentences of certain Courts.
16. Warrant of officer of such Court to be sufficient authority.
1-2. * * * *
MAINTENANCE AND OFFICERS OF PRISONS.
4. Accommodation for prisoners.
5. Inspector General.
6. Officers of prisons.
7. Temporary accommodation for prisoners.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS.
8. Control amid duties of officers of prisons.
9. Officers not to have business dealings with prisoners.
10. Officers not to be interested in prison-contracts.
12. Records to be kept by Superintendent.
[BURMA ACT II, 1948.]
(2nd January, 1948.)
It is hereby enacted as follows : -
1. This Act may be called the Union Military Police Act.
2. It shall come into force on such date as the President of the Union may, by notification, direct.
3. This Act applies to the Union Military Police Force and persons attached to, employed with or following, the Force, wherever they may be.
SUPERINTENDENCE AND COMMAND.
BLC's Legal Aid Section provides training and assistance for refugees and migrant workers on the Thai-Burma border. Find out more.