"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
THE BURMA EXCISE ACT.
PRELIMINARY AND DEFINITIONS
1. * * * *
3. The President to declare what shall be deemed to be " country alcoholic liquor " and "foreign alcoholic liquor" respectively.
4. Powers conferred by the Act may be exercised wholly or partially. 5, Power of President to exempt persons and excisable articles from the provisions of the Act.
Saving of enactments.
ESTABLISHMENT AND CONTROL
[BURMA ACT LXXXIII, 1947] (24th December, 1947)
It is hereby enacted as follows:—
1. This Act shall remain in force until such date as the President of the Union may by notification declare it to be no longer in force.
2. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,—
[BURMA ACT XLVII, 1947] (1st August, 1947)
It is hereby enacted as follows: —
1. This Act shall come into force on the first day of August, 1947, and shall remain in force until the President of the Union, by notification, directs that it shall cease to be in force.
2. In this Act, the expression —
(a) "undertaking" means any undertaking by way of trade or business or to provide any public service;
(b) "cattle" means bulls, bullocks, cows, calves, buffaloes (male and female) and buffalo calves.