"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
(INDIA ACT XII, 1926.)
(1st May, 1926.)
1. * * * *
2. The High Court shall have and exercise the same jurisdiction, powers and authority, in accordance with the same procedure and practice, in respect of contempts Courts subordinate to it as it has and exercises in respect of contempts of itself:
Provided that the High Court shall not take cognizance of a contempt alleged to have been committed in respect of a Court subordinate to it where such contempt is an offence punishable under the Penal Code.
[ACT LXII, 1951.]
(7th November, 1951.)
An Act to amend the Constitution of the Union of Burma.
It is hereby enacted as follows :
1. (1) This Act may be called The Constitution Amendment Act, 1951.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of promulgation except sections 3 and 7 which shall come into force on the date of the dissolution of the Parliament following the first general elections held under section 233 of the Constitution.
2. In section 8 of the Constitution, for the expression "Section 180" the expression "Sections 180 and 181" shall be substituted.
(INDIA ACT XXXVII, 1850.)
(1st November, 1850.)
1. * * * *
2. Wherever the Governor shall be of opinion that there are good grounds for making a formal and public inquiry into the truth of any imputation of misbehavior by any person in the service of the Crown not removable from his appointment without the sanction the Governor, he shall cause the substance of the imputations to distinct articles of charge, and shall order a formal and public inquiry and into the truth thereof.