"By vigorously opposing all unjust and oppressive laws, and by helping restore the principle of the Rule of Law, the Burma Lawyers' Council aims to contribute to the transformation of Burma where all the citizens enjoy the equal protection of law under the democratic federal constitution which will guarantee fundamentals of human rights."
1. Short title and commencement.
2. Interpretation clause.
3. Constitution of the force.
4. Inspector-General of Police, and Deputy and Assistant Inspectors-General. Superintendence in the Governor.
5. District and Assistant and Deputy Superintendents of Police.
6. Grades of police officer.
7. Appointment, dismissal and posting of Deputy Superintendents.
8. Appointment, dismissal, etc., of police-officers of subordinate ranks.
9. Oaths to be taken by, and certificates to be given to police-officers.
(INDIA ACT V, 1917.)
(28th February, 1917.)
1-2. * * * *
3. (1) The authorities hereinafter specified may, from time to time, make rules for the disposal, by destruction or otherwise, of such documents as are, in the opinion of the authority making the rules, not of sufficient public value to justify their preservation.
(2) The authorities shall be—
(a) in the case of documents in the possession or custody of the High Court or of the Courts of civil or criminal jurisdiction subordinate thereto,— the High Court ;
[India Act XVIII, 1850.]
(4th April, 1850.)
For the greater protection of Magistrates and others acting judicially; It is enacted as follows :--